June 17, 2013
RICHARD M. SMITH, et al., Plaintiffs,
MITCH PARKER, et al., Defendants. and STATE OF NEBRASKA, Plaintiff-Intervenor,
RICHARD G. KOPF, Senior District Judge.
After careful consideration of the motions pending in this matter, as well as the applicable law regarding intervention under Fed.R.Civ.P. 24 described in this court's previous Memorandum and Order (Filing 102),
IT IS ORDERED:
1. The United States' Unopposed Motion to Intervene (Filing 104) is granted;
2. The United States shall file its Answer to Plaintiffs' Second Amended Complaint, now appearing as Exhibit A in support of its Motion to Intervene (Filing 106-2), within five (5) calendar days of the date of this Order;
3. Upon the filing of its Answer, The United States shall be included in the case caption as Defendant-Intervenor;
4. The Joint Motion to Extend Time to File Cross Motions for Summary Judgment (Filing 101) filed by Plaintiffs and Defendants is granted, and such motions shall be filed on or before June 24, 2013;
5. The State of Nebraska shall contact all counsel (including counsel for the Defendant-Intervenor United States) and my judicial assistant, Kristin Leininger, on Tuesday, June 18, 2013, to schedule a conference call between the undersigned and counsel to discuss a briefing schedule for the intervening parties.