LYLE G. SMITH, Plaintiff,
CAROLYN W. WOLVIN, Commissioner of the Social Security Administration, Defendant.
RICHARD G. KOPF, Senior District Judge.
IT IS ORDERED that Plaintiff's motion to proceed in forma pauperis (filing 2) is granted, and, accordingly, that:
1. Plaintiff shall be allowed to proceed without payment of the filing fee.
2. The Clerk of the court shall send THREE summons forms and THREE USM-285 forms to Plaintiff's attorney of record for service of process on the United States. Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 4(m) requires service of process by no later than 120 days after the filing of a civil complaint.
3. Plaintiff shall, as soon as possible, complete the forms (see attached Notice for persons to be served) and send the completed summonses and USM-285 forms back to the Clerk of the court. In the absence of those forms, service of process cannot occur.
4. Upon receipt of the completed summons forms and USM-285 forms, the Clerk shall sign the summonses and forward them, together with copies of the complaint, to the U.S. Marshal for service on the United States.
5. The Marshal shall serve the United States, without payment of costs or fees. Service shall be effected pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 4(i) regarding "[s]erving the United States and ...