The opinion of the court was delivered by: Cheryl R. Zwart United States Magistrate Judge
1) The plaintiff's motion to consolidate, (Filing No. 24), is granted.
2) As to all pretrial and trial proceedings, this case is consolidated with: 4:09-cv-03144-RGK Dean v. Gage County et al 4:09-cv-03146-RGK Gonzalez v. Gage County et al 4:09-cv-03147-RGK Winslow v. Gage County et al 4:09-cv-03148-RGK Taylor v. Gage County et al
3) Dean v. Gage County, Nebraska, et al, 4:09CV3144, is hereby designated as the "Lead Case," and the other four cases are each designated as a "Member Case."
4) The court's CM/ECF System has the capacity for "spreading" text among consolidated cases. If properly docketed, the documents filed in the Lead Case will automatically be filed in the Member Cases. To this end, the parties are instructed to file in the Lead Case, 4:09CV3144, Dean v. Gage County, Nebraska, et al, all further documents except those described in paragraph 5 and to select the option "yes" in response to the System's question of whether to spread the text.
5) The parties may not use the spread text feature to file complaints, amended complaints, and answers; to pay filing fees electronically using pay.gov; to file items related to service of process; or to file notices of appeal.
6) If a party believes that an item in addition to those described in paragraph 5 should not be filed in all of these consolidated cases, the party must move for permission to file the item in only one of the cases. The motion must be filed in all of the consolidated cases using the spread text feature.
7) The clerk shall file this order in in the Lead Case, 4:09CV3144, Dean v. Gage County, Nebraska, as a spread text order.
© 1992-2013 VersusLaw ...