The opinion of the court was delivered by: John M. Gerrard United States District Judge
MEMORANDUM AND ORDER ON APPLICATION TO PROCEED IN FORMA PAUPERIS
Plaintiff Brenda Lee Sneed has filed an Application to Proceed in District Court Without Prepaying Fees or Costs (filing 2). Plaintiff's application demonstrates that she is eligible to proceed in forma pauperis.
1. Plaintiff's application to proceed in forma pauperis (filing 2) is granted, and the complaint shall be filed without payment of fees.
2. The Clerk of the Court shall send a copy of this memorandum and order together with three summons forms and three copies of Form 285 to plaintiff for service of process on the United States. Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 4(m) requires service of process by no later than 120 days after the filing of a civil complaint.
3. Plaintiff shall, as soon as possible, complete the forms (see attached Notice for persons to be served) and send the completed summonses and USM-285 forms back to the Clerk of the court. In the absence of those forms, service of process cannot occur.
4. Upon receipt of the completed summons forms and USM-285 forms, the Clerk shall sign the summonses and forward them, together with copies of the complaint, to the U.S. Marshal for service on the United States.
5. The Marshal shall serve the United States, without payment of costs or fees. Service shall be effected pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 4(i) which governs service upon the United States and its agencies, corporations, officers, or employees.
6. This order is entered without prejudice to the Court later entering an order taxing costs in this case. No one, including any plaintiff, is relieved by this order from the obligation to pay or to reimburse taxable costs after this action is over.
Notice Regarding Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 4(i)
Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 4(i) regarding "Serving the United States and Its Agencies, Corporations, Officers, or Employees," states:
(1) United States. To serve the United States, a party must:
(A)(i) deliver a copy of the summons and of the complaint to the United States attorney for the district where the action is brought--or to an assistant United States attorney or clerical employee whom the United States ...